IS CHRISTABEL EKEH GETTING THE ATTENTION SHE SEEKS?

Christabel Ekeh
This is a lady I personally admire, an audacious and beautiful actress who has played her part in lifting the Ghanaian movie industry standards to a professional level. After watching some of her movies she featured in under the direction of Shirley Frimpong-Manso, I have come to the realization of wanting to sit behind the screens to watch more of Ghanaian movies, even though, i used not to really have the appetite for them. Her acting skills are on point in every movie she has featured.
After contemplating on why she allowed her nude pictures out into public, my thoughts directed me towards some questions: "IS SHE BECOMING OBSOLETE?", "WHO WAS THE PHOTOGRAPHER AND WHY DID HE OR SHE GO TO THE EXTENT OF ALLOWING A PUBLIC FIGURE POSE NAKED FOR A  SHOOT?", and not to be entirely offensive, " IS CHRISTABEL REALLY PSYCHOLOGICALLY SOUND?" 
These and many more questions arose but just to state a few. I am very sure you might have your own opinions and questions if you are granted the opportunity you would lay them bare. We cannot really judge who she is or what she wants to be.
For the the question if she is really getting  the attention she seeks I will say YES. My reason is simple, who didn't see this coming? After sometime when she reached her peak in the industry, she placed a video of herself twerking out there. In one of her interviews with "Delay", it was revealed she kept asking for attention a long time ago.
Someone born and bred in the capital of the Ashanti region of Ghana, Kumasi,  would have been considerate in putting her naked pictures out there, but she has and she did. The reason we are much aware of, after all she says it is "the new her". But "the new me" as Christabel puts it is not much of a spectacle to behold I believe. As someone who comes from the Ashanti region, morals values become the backbone on which you act. My point is if Christabel is really in her right sense of judgement she should not literally profess "it is the new her".
In as much as it is her own life, she is a role model to other people she might actually be oblivious to. Your life is only yours if you exist alone on earth, but as far as you have other millions of humans existing with you, your life belongs to God and those people. Come to think of it, for me, I am disappointed as a fan, what about if I was a family? Well to err is human, but no matter how much i  forgive her the scars will still remain to remind me of the wound i once one day
And I always remind myself I live not for myself but for God and others. This one thing my parents, teachers, elders in the society and posterity reminds me of.

written by: TOBOASE E. AMARTEY

Comments

Most Popular